CodeBug is a cute, programmable and wearable device designed to introduce simple programming and electronic concepts to anyone, at any age.
It is easy to program CodeBug using the online interface, which features colourful drag and drop blocks, an in-browser emulator and engaging community features. Create your own games, clothes, robots or whatever other wacky inventions you have in mind!
CodeBug has six electrical legs that can be used with external electronic components such as LEDs and switches. You can connect to the legs with crocclips, bananaplugs or conductive thread. The centre two legs provide power and the other four legs are selected as input or outputs in your code. The state of the inputs can be read, and the outputs turned on or off from statements in your code.
- microB USB cable for programming and power
- Quick start guide
- CodeBug is compatible with Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux. No drivers need to be installed (it will appear as a portable disk). There are great projects and activities to be found on the CodeBug learning centre.
- 25 LED display (5 x 5 red pixels)
- 2 buttons
- Make your projects mobile using a cell battery
- 4 touch sensitive I/O pads
- Micro USB socket
- Expansion port for I2C, SPI and UART
- Blockly-based online programming interface
- CodeBug emulator for checking code before downloading
- Online project storage and sharing
- Tethered mode for computer/CodeBug interaction
- Step-by-step walkthrough guides
Detailed specifitions can be found in the datasheet.
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.