To explore even more possibilities with the BBC micro:bit, DFRobot have now combined it with their award-winning Boson module system - a set of easy-to-use modular electronic blocks suitable for every child to start their hands-on journey of creation with electronics and programming.
DFRobot’s Boson starter kit for the micro:bit includes 8 well-selected modules, covering the most popular digital and analogue sensors and actuators, supporting sound, light and motion interaction. A micro:bit is not included but you can buy one here.
Boson modules are magnetic - they can stick on a whiteboard, fridge, or other magnetic objects in a snap. Each boson module also comes with mounting plates
that are compatible with LEGO blocks and plates. Check out the video below to learn about the super-cool Boson system:
The micro:bit expansion board for Boson is used to hook up Boson modules to the micro:bit. The expansion board comes with an edge connector, 6 fool-proof 3-Pin sockets, a 3.5mm headphone jack and a volume knob.
Additionally, to ensure a steady current supply for the motor and servo, the expansion board can be powered externally through the USB power port if required.
To help you understand how to use each module, the Boson kit for micro:bit comes with a quick start guide, including 4 basic projects with wiring and sample codes. Work through the guide and create your own inventions!
The Boson Kit was awarded Five Stars in the 2018 Teach Primary Resource Awards. Click here to learn more about DFRobot’s Boson modules.
- Cultivates children's programming ability
- Suitable for age 10+
- Supports sound, light, and motion interaction
- Comes with 8 modules, 4 quick start project cards
- 12-project tutorial from beginning to advance
- Micro:bit expansion board for Boson kit x 1
- Red Push Button x 1
- Red LED Light x 1
- Rotation sensor x 1
- Sound Sensor x 1
- Motion sensor x 1
- Mini Fan Module x 1
- Mini Servo x 1
- RGB LED strip x 1
- Micro USB Cable x 1
- 3-Pin Cable (Long) x 1
- 3-Pin Cable (Medium) x 1
- 3-Pin Cable (Short) x 1
- Quick Start Guide x 1
micro:bit not included
- Module Input/output Voltage: 3.3V
- Maximum Current: 500mA
- MicroUSB Power Port Voltage: 5V
- Working temperature: 0-60 ℃
- Package size: 250*190*57 mm/ 9.84 * 7.5 *2.24 inches
- Weight: 492g
- English Tutorial (code with Mindplus)
- English Tutorial (code with Makecode)
- Coding Editor for micro:bit MakeCode
- Mindplus offline coding editor (based on scratch 3.0, both blocks and text coding)
- micro:bit Educational Foundation
- Project Example: Smart Fan Control System with Micro:bit
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.