Bangle.js is an open, hackable smartwatch!
Bangle.js is waterproof, AI-enabled and comes with Bluetooth low energy (BLE), GPS, a heart rate monitor, accelerometer and more!
- IP68 Waterproof: up to 10m underwater
- Nordic 64MHz nRF52832 ARM Cortex-M4 processor with Bluetooth LE
- 64kB RAM 512kB on-chip flash, 4MB external flash
- 1.3 inch 240x240 16 bit LCD display with 2 zone touch
- GPS/Glonass receiver (UBlox)
- Heart rate monitor
- 3 Axis Accelerometer (with Pedometer)
- 3 Axis Magnetometer
- Vibration motor
- 350mAh battery, 1 week standby time
- 5 x 5 x 1.7 cm case, plastic with stainless steel ring
- Can be disassembled with just 4 screws
- 40kB RAM for program memory/variables
- Bluetooth 4.2 Advertising, Central and Peripheral mode support with built-in Nordic UART service
- Graphics library with Vector fonts, bimap rotate & scale
- Tensorflow Lite for Microcontrollers AI
- Wear-levelled flash filesystem
- Heatshrink compression
- Upload functions written in C or ARM Assembler
- Built-in wireless debugging
- VT100 Terminal support on LCD
- Program with Web-based Web Bluetooth IDE or Node.js-based command-line tools
- Idle, accelerometer on 12.5Hz - 0.35mA
- Idle, accelerometer on 1.25Hz - 0.15mA (default if not moved)
- BLE Connected in high bandwidth mode - 0.5mA
- Compass on - 2mA
- Heart rate monitor on - 2.5mA
- GPS on - 30mA
- LCD on - 40mA
- Turned off - 0.08mA (0.6mA if turned off via Bootloader)
The supplied charge cable connects to a USB port to charge Bangle.js (there is no data connection, it is power only).
You must connect the cable the right way around or it won't work: With Bangle.js facing away from you (so you're looking at the shiny back) and the CE Rohs text the right way up, the USB cable should exit from the left side of the watch.
The cable is magnetic and the wires are connected directly to USB power. Do not leave your cable plugged in or it might attract itself to the nearest magnetic (probably conductive) object and short out.
This means that when idle (in the normal power-on state) you can expect around 30-90 days of battery life depending on whether Bangle.js is moved or not.
Note: These figures are based on the latest Bangle.js firmware. Earlier firmware has slightly higher power consumption figures.
Because Bangle.js is entirely open, you can upload the apps we’ve already developed, create your own, or upload apps created by the online community.
The app store (at banglejs.com/apps) will be entirely free. We’ll never share your data with third parties or make your use of our apps dependent on third-party cloud services. So far we’ve created some great apps including games, a compass, map, spirit level, QR code display and heart rate monitor (to name a few) and we have lots more to come.
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.