Relay Attenuator (RA) is a hardware volume control. It takes input from DAC shields and attenuates the output by relay switching. This is Allo's Relay Attenuator, designed to be used with the Piano 2.1 & Boss DACs!
The Relay Attenuator has been designed for Audio attenuation after Piano DAC output, and features a 1dB step size. It's a compact circuit, featuring just 6 tiny relays, implementing a 64-step logarithmic stereo attenuation.The 64 steps of 1.0dB span a 63dB audio attenuation range. By avoiding any active electronics, relay attenuation results in a very clean and open sound.
Simply plug in above your DAC and then take the output attenuated by relays switching, to thin film 0.1% 25ppm SUSUMU audio grade resistors.
The nominal value is 10k.
- Constant Input resistor:10K
- Load resistance: 60K
- Resistance standard:E192
- Step Size :1dB
- No.of relays:6
- No.of Steps:64dB
- Input audio connectivity: Stereo inputs through on-board RCA Connectors.
- Left Out: white RCA connector.
- Right Out: Red RCA connector.
- Output audio connectivity: Stereo outputs through on-board RCA Connectors.
- Left Input: white RCA connector.
- Right Input: Red RCA connector.
- PCB Dimension: 85x67.8x22.2mm (W*L*H)
- Weight: 42gm.
- Operating Temperature: 0 o C to 70oC