Heard about Arduino IDE-compatibles but not sure how to start? The Adafruit Metro is an ATmega328-based (like a lot of our own products) development board. Since it is shaped the same, and code/shield-compatible with the Arduino UNO R3 design, our Adafruit Metro is easy to use and hacker friendly and this is the perfect beginner kit for learning how to use the Adafruit Metro!
This bundle is designed to get you started quickly and easily on your path of learning electronics. Once you've received your starter pack you can follow the introductory tutorials here on my site, designed for everyone, even people with little or no electronics and programming experience. The starter pack has everything you need (except tools) for most of the lessons.
- Adafruit Metro 328 w/ Headers - The Adafruit Metro - assembled and ready to go, including 4 rubber feet
- MicroUSB Cable - Perfect for connecting your Metro to a computer
- Protoshield Kit - Get hacking with the best prototyping shield out there!
- Tiny Breadboard - Fits on top of the protoshield, easy to use
- 9V DC regulated wall adapter - You can power your Metro from any wall socket. This switching regulator is efficient and small and works with US (110V) and European (220V) power.
- 9V Battery case with switch and a 2.1mm plug- so you can power your Metro using a 9V battery. This case is much sturdier than just a battery clip and it has an on/off switch too! Note that this comes unassembled
- Tutorial starter pack parts - Includes a 10K potentiometer, 1K potentiometer, 2 small pushbuttons, 5 red diffused bright LEDs, one each of red, green and blue ultra-bright LED, 5 100 ohm resistors, 5 1K resistors, 5 10K resistors, and a CdS photocell sensor.
- Also includes 65 flexible breadboard wires in 8 colors, perfect for use with the solderless breadboard.
This is the same item as Product #68
Tutorials: Getting Started Tutorials