This lovely little display breakout is the best way to add a small, colorful and bright display to any project. Since the display uses 4-wire SPI to communicate and has its own pixel-addressable frame buffer, it can be used with every kind of microcontroller. Even a very small one with low memory and few pins available!
The 2.2" display has 320x240 color pixels. Unlike the low cost "Nokia 6110" and similar LCD displays, which are CSTN type and thus have poor color and slow refresh, this display is a true TFT! The TFT driver (ILI9340 or compatible) can display full 18-bit color (262,144 shades!). And the LCD will always come with the same driver chip so there's no worries that your code will not work from one to the other.
The breakout has the TFT display soldered on (it uses a delicate flex-circuit connector) as well as a ultra-low-dropout 3.3V regulator and a 3/5V level shifter so you can use it with 3.3V or 5V power and logic. We also had a little space so we placed a microSD card holder so you can easily load full color bitmaps from a FAT16/FAT32 formatted microSD card. The microSD card is not included, 2:03)
- 2.2" diagonal LCD TFT display
- 320x240 resolution, up to 18-bit (262,144) color
- 4 wire SPI digital interface - this display talks in '8-bit' SPI check the Arduino library source for how to communicate
- Built-in microSD slot - uses 2 more digital lines
- 5V compatible! Use with 3.3V or 5V logic For the level shifter we use the CD74HC4050 which has a typical propagation delay of ~10ns
- Onboard 3.3V @ 150mA LDO regulator
- 4 white LED backlight, transistor connected so you can PWM dim the backlight
- 0.1" spaced header for easy breadboarding
- Max Dimensions: 40.63mm / 1.59" x 66.35mm / 2.61" x 6.05mm / 0.23"
- LCD Dimensions: 55.23mm / 2.17" x 40mm / 1.57" x 2.46mm / 0.09"
- Weight: 18.43g
- Current draw is based mostly on the backlight: with full on backlight, current draw is approx 100mA
- Adafruit Fritzing Library
- ILI9340 (datasheet) controller with built in pixel-addressable video RAM buffer
- Display datasheet
- EagleCAD files on GitHub
As of January 12, 2016 the LCD may come with an ILI9340-compatible chip
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.