Say hello to our 0.96" 160x80 Color TFT Display w/ MicroSD Card Breakout – we think it's T-F-Terrific! It's the size of your thumbnail, with glorious 160x80 pixel color. This very very small display is only 0.96" diagonal, packed with RGB pixels, for making very small high-density displays.
This lovely little display breakout is a great way to add a small, colorful and bright display to any project. Since the display uses 4-wire SPI to communicate and has its own pixel-addressable frame buffer, it can be used with every kind of microcontroller. Even a very small one with low memory and few pins available!
The 0.96" display has 160x80 color pixels. Unlike the low cost "Nokia 6110" and similar LCD displays, which are CSTN type and thus have poor color and slow refresh, this display is a true TFT! The TFT driver (ST7735R) can display full 16-bit color using our library code.
The breakout has the TFT display soldered on (it uses a delicate flex-circuit connector) as well as a ultra-low-dropout 3.3V regulator and a 3/5V level shifter so you can use it with 3.3V or 5V power and logic. We also had a little space so we placed a microSD card holder so you can easily load full color bitmaps from a FAT16/FAT32 formatted microSD card. The microSD card is not included, but you can pick one up here.
Of course, we wouldn't just leave you with a datasheet and a "good luck!" - we've written a full open source graphics library that can draw pixels, lines, rectangles, circles, text and bitmaps as well as example code and a wiring tutorial. The code is written for Arduino IDE but can be easily ported to your favorite microcontroller!
Note: Breadboard NOT included.
As of January 27, 2023 - This product has gone through a pretty significant revision which requires firmware updates! The TFT display uses different initialization code (otherwise it will appear offset and inverted) and the microSD holder is also now push-pull. Previous version was the push-push type. We've also updated this PCB with Adafruit Pinguin to make a lovely and legible silkscreen. This new version is plug-in compatible (same pinout and PCB shape) but the TFT requires new code compilation and upload!
- Product Dimensions: 32.0mm x 28.0mm x 6.0mm / 1.3" x 1.1" x 0.2"
- Product Weight: 4.5g / 0.2oz
- 0.96" diagonal LCD TFT display
- 160x80 resolution, 16-bit color
- 4 wire SPI digital interface - SCK, MOSI, CS and DC pins.
- Built-in microSD slot - uses 2 more digital lines
- 5V compatible! Use with 3.3V or 5V logic
- Onboard 3.3V @ 150mA LDO regulator
- 1 white LED backlight, transistor connected so you can PWM dim the backlight
- 0.1" pitch header for easy breadboarding
- 2 removable mounting holes in corners
- Current draw is based on LED backlight usage: with full backlight draw is ~25mA