Looking for a large, 3-colour eInk / ePaper display for your Raspberry Pi Pico? Look no further than this 7.5" Black/White/Red eInk/ePaper display from Waveshare. It's ideal for adding a low-power, E-Ink display to your next Pi Pico project. Featuring a screen resolution of 800x480 pixels, the E-Ink display utilizes a short ribbon cable and driverboard to move the Raspberry Pi Pico off of the back, allowing for a more lowprofile footprint.
ePaper / eInk displays are designed to replicate the appearance of ink on paper. Unlike regular displays, which loose their image when power is removed, eInk screens are able to hold text and images indefinitely, even without power. ePaper screens are therefore ultra low power, designed to have a wide viewing angle, and additionally have limited reflection under sunlight. The applications are limitless!
This E-Ink / ePaper display is also available in a 2-colour, Black/White, version.
Additional resources can be found on the Waveshare Wiki.
- No backlight, keeps displaying last content for a long time even when power down
- Black, White, and Red Colours
- Ultra low power consumption, basically power is only required for refreshing
- SPI interface, requires minimal IO pins
- 2x user buttons and 1x reset button for easy interacting
- Comes with development resources, manual and examples for Raspberry Pi Pico C/C++ and MicroPython
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V
- Interface: 3-wire SPI, 4-wire SPI
- Display color: Black/White/Red
- Grey Scale: 2
- Resolution: 800x480 pixels
- Partial Refresh Time: N/A
- Full refresh time: 16s
- Refresh Power: 48mW (typical)
- Standby Current: <0.01uA (almost none)
- Viewing angle: >170°
- Dot Pitch: 0.204 x 0.204
- Display Dimensions: 163.2 x 97.90mm
- Outline Dimensions: 170.2 × 97.92mm
- 7.5inch e-Paper (B) x1
- Pico-ePaper-Driver-Board x1
- Standoff pack x1