Looking for an eInk / ePaper display for your Raspberry Pi Pico? Look no further! This nice medium-sized 4.2" black/white eInk/ePaper display from Waveshare is perfect for adding a low-power display to your Pico project.
This display module has been designed specifically for the Raspberry Pi Pico - just push your Pico into the female headers and you're ready to go (Pico with male headers required).
ePaper / eInk displays are designed to replicate the appearance of ink on paper. Unlike regular displays, which loose their image when power is removed, eInk screens are able to hold text and images indefinitely, even without power. ePaper screens are therefore ultra low power, designed to have a wide viewing angle, and additionally have limited reflection under sunlight. The applications are limitless!
The E-Ink display modules from Waveshare come complete with an embedded controller PCB, communicating via SPI interface and supporting partial refresh.
A Raspberry Pi Pico is not included - click here if you'd like to buy one . Your Pico will need to have male headers soldered to it with the pins pointing downwards (or grab one of our Pre-soldered Picos ).
- Designed specifically for the Raspberry Pi Pico
- No soldering required
- 4.2" display
- 400 x 300 resolution
- 170 ° viewing angle
- No backlight - keeps displaying the last image for a long time even when powered down
- Ultra-low power consumption - power is only required for refreshing
- SPI interface - requires minimal IO pins
- 2x user buttons for easy interacting
- Online development resources and manual available (Raspberry Pi Pico C/C++ and MicroPython examples)
- Operating voltage: 3.3V/5V
- Display color: black, white
- Resolution: 400 x 300 pixels
- Greyscale: 4
- Interface: 3-wire SPI, 4-wire SPI
- Viewing angle: >170°
- Partial refresh time: N/A
- Full refresh time: 4s
- Outline dimensions: 93.5 x 78.5mm
- Display size: 84.8 x 63.6mm
- Refresh power: 26.4mW (typical)
- Standby current: <0.01uA (almost none)
- Dot Pitch: 0.212 x 0.212mm
- 1X Pico-ePaper-4.2
- 1X Standoff pack
Raspberry Pi Pico not included
Onboard Female Pin Header For Direct Attaching To Raspberry Pi Pico
Alternate Connection Interface
For Use With Other Controller Boards Like Raspberry Pi/Jetson Nano/Arduino/STM32
- VCC - 3.3V/5V
- GND - Ground
- DIN - SPI MOSI pin
- SCK - SPI SCK pin
- CS - SPI chip selection, low active
- DC - Data / Command selection (high for data, low for command)
- RST - External reset, low active
- BUSY - Busy status output
Raspberry Pi Pico Connector Pinout
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.