The Waveshare 2-channel Triac HAT is an advanced add-on board for the Raspberry Pi which allows you to switch high voltages without the traditional shortfalls of relays.
Triacs have no mechanical wear, make no switching noise, have no EMI due to switching sparks/arcs and are generally more compact.
The HAT can switch up to 4400W (max) across two devices and features a dedicated onboard STM32F0 microcontroller which supports direct command control, allowing quicker responses and requires fewer resources from the Raspberry Pi.
The board also features optocoupler isolation preventing interference from the circuit, an RC snubber circuit to protect the triac from power fluctuation and a reserved UART and I2C interface for working with other host control boards.
WARNING! This is a relay device and the circuits are exposed. DO NOT touch the components onboard! We recommend this product is used in an insulated enclosure before using. The device will get hot when working, higher the output power the hotter it will get.
The device will cut off the output signal to protect the Triac when the temperate reaches 125°C. We recommend you to add cooling to allow the TRIAC HAT work normally under 80°C.
- Onboard STM32F0 MCU controller - UART / I2C communication
- RC snubber circuit - protects the triac from power fluctuation
- Up to 4400W output power (under ideal heat dissipation conditions)
- Optocoupler isolation - prevents interference from the high-voltage circuit
- Indicator for easy checking the status of triac
- Reserved UART and I2C interface for working with other host control boards
- Data rate: up to 921.6kbps for UART, up to 1024kbps for I2C
- Comes with development resources and manual (examples in C and Python)
- 1x Triac HAT
- Nylon fixings
1) BTA24-600 high power bidirectional triac
2) MOC3021S photocoupler, the triac driver
3) LTV-824S AC photocoupler
4) RC snubber circuit
5) LM358DR OP amplifier
6) STM32F030F4P6 main controller
7) RT9193-33PB power chip
8) Output indicator
9) 20A blow fuse
10) Standard Raspberry Pi 40-pin GPIO header
11) MCU control interface, for use with other host control boards
12) AC input
13) AC output
14) Data bus selection - A: use Raspberry Pi I2C bus, B: use Raspberry Pi UART bus
15) Mode selection - A: I2C mode, B: UART mode
- AC Voltage - 100-600V
- AC Current - 0-20A
- Controller - STM32F030
- Communication Bus - I2C/UART
- UART Data Rate - 1.2 - 921.6 kbps
- I2C Data Rate - 1024 kbps
- Logic Level Voltage - 3.3V/5V
- Dimensions - 65x56.5mm
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.