This 2.9" capacitive touch black/white ePaper display from Waveshare is great for adding a low-power, touch-responsive display to your next Raspberry Pi project, especially the Raspberry Pi Zero.
Featuring a screen resolution of 296x128 pixels, the display is capable of recognizing up to 5-points of touch and works well with Raspberry Pi OS.
The onboard header connects directly to a Raspberry Pi and utilizes the I2C bus for Touch and SPI bus for the display. Partial refresh is supported.
ePaper / eInk displays are designed to replicate the appearance of ink on paper. Unlike regular displays, which lose their image when power is removed, eInk screens are able to hold text and images indefinitely, even without power. ePaper screens are therefore ultra low power, designed to have a wide viewing angle, and additionally have limited reflection under sunlight. The applications are limitless!
- Compatible with the Raspberry Pi (any 40-pin model)
- 2.9" capacitive touch ePaper module
- 296×128 display resolution
- 5-point touch support including user-configurable wake-up gestures
- No backlight, keeps displaying last content for a long time even when power down
- Ultra-low power consumption, power is only required for refreshing the display
- Reversed control interface for connecting with controller boards like Arduino/STM32, etc.
- Online development resources and manual and examples for Raspberry Pi
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V/5V
- Interface: 3-wire SPI, 4-wire SPI
- Display colour: Black, White
- Grey Scale: 2
- Resolution: 296x128 pixels
- Touch Points: 5
- Partial Refresh Time: 0.3s
- Full refresh time: 2s
- Refresh Power: 26.4mW (typical)
- Standby Current: <0.01uA (almost none)
- Viewing angle: >170°
- Display Dimensions: 66.89 × 29.05mm
- Outline Dimensions: 89.10 × 42.7mm
|DIN||SPI MOSI pin|
|CLK||SPI SCK pin|
|CS||SPI chip selection, low active|
|DC||Data / Command selection (high for data, low for command)|
|ERST||External reset, low active|
|BUSY||Busy status output, high active|
|INT||Touch controller interrupt pin|
|SCL||Touch controller I2C clock pin|
|SDA||Touch controller I2C data pin|
|TRST||Touch controller reset, low active|
|EN||Touch control power supply enable (optional), high active|
Payment & Accreditations