Looking for an eInk / ePaper display for your Raspberry Pi Pico? Look no further! This great little 2.9" black/white eInk/ePaper display from Waveshare is perfect for adding a low-power display to your Pico project.
Also available in a Red/Black/White version (which doesn't support partial refresh and has a longer refresh time).
This display module has been designed specifically for the Raspberry Pi Pico - just push your Pico into the female headers and you're ready to go (Pico with male headers required).
ePaper / eInk displays are designed to replicate the appearance of ink on paper. Unlike regular displays, which lose their image when power is removed, eInk screens are able to hold text and images indefinitely, even without power. ePaper screens are therefore ultra low power, designed to have a wide viewing angle and additionally have limited reflection under sunlight. The applications are limitless!
The E-Ink display modules from Waveshare come complete with an embedded controller PCB, communicating via SPI interface and supporting partial refresh.
A Raspberry Pi Pico is not included - click here if you'd like to buy one. Your Pico will need to have male headers soldered to it with the pins pointing downwards (or grab one of our Pre-soldered Picos).
- Designed specifically for the Raspberry Pi Pico
- Black/White display colours
- No soldering required
- 2.9" display
- 296x128 resolution
- 170° viewing angle
- Onboard voltage translator - 3.3V/5V
- No backlight - keeps displaying last content for a long time even when power down
- Ultra-low power consumption - power is only required for refreshing
- SPI interface - requires minimal IO pins
- Online development resources and manual available (Raspberry Pi Pico C/C++ and MicroPython examples)
- 1x 2.9" E-Ink Pico module (black/white)
- 1x Standoff pack
Raspberry Pi Pico not included
|Interface||3-wire SPI, 4-wire SPI|
|Outline Dimensions||82.00 × 38mm|
|Display Size||66.89 × 29.05mm|
|Dot Pitch||0.226 × 0.227mm|
|Display Colour||black, white|
|Partial Refresh Time||0.3s|
|Full Refresh Time||2s|
|Refresh Power||26.4mW (typ.)|
|Standby Current||<0.01uA (almost none)|