The Arducam 16MP IMX519 (NOIR) high-resolution camera module for Raspberry Pi offers a high-quality night photography option for those looking to upgrade from other NoIR modules.
With a resolution of 16 megapixels, a stock lens, a V2-like form factor and boatloads of improvements, the camera provides a better choice for all sorts of projects and applications. It’s compatible with any existing Pi models (Zeros require an adapter cable), works with the latest software from the Raspberry Pi Foundation, and leverages the same tuning algorithms used in the oﬃcial camera modules.
NoIR Cameras have No InfraRed filter on the lens which makes them perfect for shooting Infrared photography and taking pictures in low light (twilight) environments. NoIR cameras require the target to be flooded with IR light to be able to see at night (otherwise you'll get a mostly black picture!). Day photography isn't ideal with NoIR cameras either - so be sure to pick the ideal camera for your project's needs.
The package contains a camera board with a Sony IMX519 sensor, a stock lens and an FPC cable. Please note: the box/sticker may state "autofocus" however this was a packaging error at the factory. These are fixed focus NoIR modules.
Before you start
Please make sure you are running the latest version of Raspberry Pi OS (January 28th 2022 or later releases, Debian version:11(Bullseye)).
For Bullseye users running on a Pi 0 ~ 3, please also:
- Open a terminal
- Run sudo raspi-config
- Navigate to Advanced Options
- Enable Glamor graphic acceleration
- 16MP for all Raspberry Pi boards: The new Raspberry Pi camera features a 16MP Sony IMX519 sensor with a pixel resolution of 4656 x 3496, twice as high as the V2 camera and 40% higher than the HQ camera
- Compatible with any Raspberry Pi board with a MIPI/CSI interface and runs directly on the Raspberry Pi OS without much configuration (Zero boards require an adapter cable)
- NoIR: The InfraRed filter has been removed, to allow you to take photos in the dark (with IR lighting)
- Crisper Images/Videos: The 16-megapixel camera can capture 1080p Full HD video at up to 30 frames per second and 720p HD video at up to 60 frames per second, and also provides an effective 80-degree field of view
- V1/V2 Size: The camera module has the same size as the pi camera V2, the package comes with plastic housing, also suitable for V1 and V2 boards.
- Sensor: Sony IMX519 stacked, back-illuminated sensor 16 megapixels, 1.22 µm × 1.22 µm pixel size, 7.103 mm diagonal (Type 1/2.534)
- Output: RAW10/8, COMP8
- Lens: f/1.75; EFL: 4.28; FoV: 80°
- IR cut Filter: NoIR - without IR Filter, IR sensitive
- Video Modes: 1080p@30fps, 720p@60fps
- Linux integration: V4L2 driver available
- Ribbon Cable Length: 150mm
- 1x 16MP NoIR IMX5189 fixed focus camera module
- 1x FPC cable