Power your Raspberry Pi seamlessly with this Uninterruptable Power Supply HAT (B) from Waveshare! This UPS HAT is designed to ensure your Raspberry Pi has a constant power source in the event of a power cut or when moving between sockets.
The HAT holds 2x 18650 batteries (batteries not included but available to buy here) which take over from the included 8.4V power supply whenever it's disconnected or power is cut. When the power supply is connected, the HAT will charge the batteries with comprehensive onboard battery protection. The HAT can provide up to 5A (peak) to your Raspberry Pi via the onboard regulator, allowing lots of headroom for busy projects.
Battery warning indicators safeguard against incorrect battery installation, and you can also check the status of your batteries in real-time via I2C, monitoring voltage, current, power and remaining capacity:
There's even a 5V USB-A port for powering other devices! The HAT comes complete with a UK power supply, acrylic protection panel and fixings.
Please turn the power switch to OFF before you connect batteries!
- Designed for the Raspberry Pi
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi 4, 3B+/3
- Accepts 2x 18650 batteries (not included)
- Mounts below the Raspberry Pi, leaving your GPIO pins available for HATs and hardware
- Pogo pin connection to the Raspberry Pi - no GPIO pins consumed
- Real-time I2C bus communication, monitoring the battery voltage, current, power, and remaining capacity
- Multi battery protection circuits: overcharge/discharge protection, over current protection, short circuit protection, and reverse protection, along with the equalizing charge feature
- Onboard 5V regulator, up to 5A continuous output current, more sufficient power source for your Raspberry Pi projects
- 5V USB output, convenient for powering other boards and accessories
- Battery warning indicators, easy to check if the battery is connected correctly
- Online development resources and manual
- Output voltage: 5V
- Charger: 8.4V 2A
- Control bus: I2C
- Battery supported: 2x 18650 Li batteries (NOT included)
- Dimensions: 56 × 85mm
- Mounting holes: 3.0mm
- 1x UPS HAT (B)
- 1x UK 8.4V battery charger
- 1x Acrylic protection panel
- 1x Screws pack
Raspberry Pi and batteries not included
- Product Wiki
- Please turn the power switch to OFF before connecting batteries, or the board may be damaged due to shorting
- After installing batteries, make sure that the Pogo pins are completely aligned with the pin header before turning on the power. If the Pogo pins are not conducting, you can press the pin to loosen it or use a knife to scratch off any oxide layer on the pin header
- The board may not work when you mount the batteries for the first time, you need to press the Boot button to activate the circuit
- When connecting the battery for the first time, you need to pay attention to whether the warning LED is on. If the LED is on, it means that the corresponding battery is connected the wrong way round.
- It is recommended not to exceed 4A when working for long periods or when working with high current loads. It will heat up when working at 5A for long durations. Pay attention to heat dissipation.
- Use the included power supply only! Using other power sources may cause damage due to large/unstable output power ripples
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.