Power your Raspberry Pi seamlessly with this Uninterruptable Power Supply HAT (A) from Waveshare! This UPS HAT is designed to ensure your Raspberry Pi has a constant power source in the event of a power cut or when moving between sockets.
The HAT holds 2x 18650 batteries (batteries not included but available to buy here) which take over from the included 8.4V power supply whenever it's disconnected or power is cut. When the power supply is connected, the HAT will charge the batteries with comprehensive onboard battery protection (whilst also powering your Raspberry Pi). The HAT can provide 2.5A continuous current to your Raspberry Pi via the onboard regulator.
Unlike the B version, this 'A' version of UPS HAT mounts on top of the Raspberry Pi and includes its own GPIO pin header, with an included riser header for stacking further HATs on top.
Battery warning indicators safeguard against incorrect battery installation, and you can also check the status of your batteries in real-time via I2C, monitoring voltage, current, power and remaining capacity:
There's even a 5V USB-A port for powering other devices! The HAT comes complete with a UK power supply, additional GPIO stacking header and fixings.
Please turn the power switch to OFF before you connect batteries!
- Designed for the Raspberry Pi
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi 4, 3B+/3
- Accepts 2x 18650 batteries (not included)
- Mounts above the Raspberry Pi with a GPIO pin breakout and riser header included
- Real-time I2C bus communication, monitoring the battery voltage, current, power, and remaining capacity
- Multi battery protection circuits: overcharge/discharge protection, over current protection, short circuit protection, and reverse protection, along with the equalizing charge feature
- Onboard 5V regulator, up to 2.5A continuous output current
- 5V USB output, convenient for powering other boards and accessories
- Battery warning indicators, easy to check if the battery is connected correctly
- Online development resources and manual
- Output voltage: 5V
- Charger: 8.4V 2A
- Control bus: I2C
- Battery supported: 2x 18650 Li batteries (NOT included)
- Dimensions: 56 × 85mm
- Mounting holes: 3.0mm
- 1x UPS HAT (A)
- 1x UK 8.4V battery charger
- 1x GPIO stacking header
- 1x Screws pack
Raspberry Pi and batteries not included
- Please turn the power switch to OFF before connecting batteries, or the board may be damaged due to shorting
- When connecting the battery for the first time, you need to pay attention to whether the warning LED is on. If the LED is on, it means that the corresponding battery is connected the wrong way round.
- Use the included power supply only! Using other power sources may cause damage due to large/unstable output power ripples