CamJam EduKit 3 Motor Controller
Want another CamJam EduKit 3 motor controller board? You’ve come to the right place!
Our pre-soldered motor controller board has been custom-designed specifically for use with CamJam EduKit 3, although it shares similarities with other boards. It has the following features:
- A dual H-bridge motor controller chip (DRV8833 - link http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/drv8833.pdf), allowing you to control two 6V DC motors.
- Screw terminals for the motors and for power input, requiring no soldering.
- Power input expects you to use 4 AA batteries although it can accept voltages up to 10V if you have more powerful motors available.
- Lots of the Raspberry Pi’s GPIO pins are broken out to a low-profile female header, allowing you to extend the capabilities of the Pi with sensors and LED indicator lights, for example.
- A “flyback diode” to protect your motor controller board if you should accidentally wire up your power source the wrong way round!