This 3.2" IPS display from Waveshare isn't just another small Raspberry Pi display - this one is a little different, offering some unique features which add convenience and flexibility.
The screen itself is a crisp IPS 800x480 LCD with wide 160° viewing angles, making it useful for all sorts of projects from retro gaming to simple terminal usage. A nice feature Waveshare have added here is physical control of the brightness of the display via the two easy-to-access buttons on the side of the panel.
The display is also driven by HDMI rather than the GPIO pins. This is useful for those times where you need to keep your Raspberry Pi elsewhere in your project/enclosure, or even for using the display with different HDMI development boards. If you'd rather keep the display on top of the Raspberry Pi, mounting standoffs and HDMI PCB adapters are included in the box for a compact and cable-free connection.
With no GPIO connection driving the display, Waveshare has utilised Pogo-pins to receive power from your Raspberry Pi's power supply - again removing the need for messy cable clutter or a separate PSU. There's also a USB-C connection to allow you to power the screen from other development boards that can't make use of the Pogo pins.
A unique approach to mini displays and a great set of features, giving this screen the flexibility to be used in lots of different scenarios with different controller boards.
Some simple configuration is required - please see the product Wiki
- 3.2" IPS HDMI display
- 800x480 resolution
- 160° wide viewing angles
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi, Jetson nano, Mini PCs and more (via HDMI)
- Adjustable backlight via side buttons
- Pogo-pin powered when used with the Raspberry Pi 4/3
- USB-C power connection for direct power (when using with other development boards)
- Power button
- HDMI input - PCB adapters included for the Raspberry Pi 4/3, or use an HDMI cable for display placement flexibility
- Mounting points for attaching to Raspberry Pi (or your own custom enclosure) - standoffs and screws included
- Supports Raspberry Pi OS, Ubuntu, Kali, RetroPie - driver free (configuration required - see Wiki)
- 1x 3.2" HDMI LCD (H)
- 1x HDMI Adapter (C) (for Raspberry Pi 4)
- 1x HDMI Adapter (B) (for Raspberry Pi 3)
- 1x Screws pack
Raspberry Pi 4
Raspberry Pi 3/3B+