Waveshare has released this neat little 5" 800x480 touchscreen display for the Raspberry Pi! It's easy to set up, and comes complete with a black and white acrylic stand!
This device uses the Pi's HDMI output for display and the Pi's SPI port for touch control.
Installation is easy, you can either use the custom image, or follow the set up guide detailed on the Waveshare Wiki. Please Note. This device does require some simple set up.
The screen is powered by the Raspberry Pi GPIO, so there's no need for an additional adapter.
- 800×480 high resolution, touch control
- Compatible and Direct-connect with any revision of Raspberry Pi (except the Pi 1 Model B or Pi Zero, which requires an HDMI cable)
- Drivers provided (works with your own Raspbian/Ubuntu directly)
- HDMI interface for displaying, no I/Os required (however, the touch panel still needs I/Os)
- The backlight can be turned off to lower power consumption
- High-quality immersion gold surface plating
- 1x 5inch HDMI LCD
- 1x HDMI connector
- 1x HDMI to micro HDMI connector
- 1x Touch pen
- 1x RPi screws pack (4pcs)
- 1x Bicolor Case for 5inch LCD
- 1x Screws Pack
- 1x Quick start sheet
- Material: high quality bicolour Acrylic, black and white
- Comes with bottom holder, optional tilt angle, 45° or 60°
- Features mounting holes for Raspberry Pi A+/B+/2B/3B