The Naturebytes Wildlife Cam Kit is a wildlife camera that anyone can build to take stealthy high definition images of wildlife. Beginner, expert, wildlife enthusiast or hacker, the Raspberry Pi-powered kit is a fun way to develop your digital making skills and an exciting new insight into your natural world.
Wildlife enthusiast, tech fan or a just a curious mind – the kit contains all of the parts and instructions you need to start capturing a new perspective of the natural world around you.
Suitable for a novice to assemble and enjoy taking photos through to more advanced users who want to learn to programme and add IoT sensors.
Wildlife camera trapping enables people to take amazing photographs of wild animals, including those that are normally camera shy. The Raspberry Pi A+ (v1) computer at the heart of the kit makes the trap accessible and easily programmable. The beautifully designed weatherproof case can also accommodate future modular add-ons like night-vision and solar panel charging.
The weatherproof enclosure’s unique triangulated design fully protects the internal electrical components from the elements and the hinged-clips provides the user with easy access to the Pi’s ports and internal components.
This is the only IP Certified Raspberry Pi camera case that we know of!
The Wildlife Cam Kit contains:
– Raspberry Pi model A+ v1 (the most energy-efficient model available)
– SD card with Cam Kit operating system pre-loaded
– Camera Module (not an official camera module)
– PIR sensor
– Weatherproof Enclosure (case)
– Electronics mount compatible with all models of Raspberry Pi
– Cables, Screws, inserts and nuts
– USB flash drive
– Nylon camera attachment strap
Cam Case Features include
– Weatherproof (certified IP55)
– Fresnel IR lens to optimise motion detection
– Clip and hinge opening for easy access to the Pi’s ports and internal components
– Padlock loop
– Rear cable access
– Rear attachments for modular upgrades
– No soldering required
Already got most of these parts?
For powering you Wildlife Cam you can use your own 5V power bank or mains adapter – we recommend the Anker PowerCore 10000 (Input 5V=2A, Output 5v=2.4A, 9.2cm x 6cm x 2.2cm) or similar, It’s reliable, fits perfectly into the battery holder and allows enough space to connect the cable to the Raspberry Pi.
The Cam Case design provides space for battery upgrades for those wanting extra juice to power your kit for even longer.
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.