The Xia Mi expansion board adds more than 10 functional modules and expansion features for your BBC micro:bit V2 including multiple sensors, a 4-way motor driver, RGB LEDs, OLED display, relay, IR receiver and more!
This awesome buffet of features allows budding coders to learn both the basic functions of the micro:bit with the option to progress using the many onboard features and online tutorials. It's a quick, simple and hassle-free way to explore different hardware whilst learning to code.
The board makes a great foundation for micro:bit robotics projects too, with the onboard motor driver and distance sensor ports allowing easy expansion.
- Multiple modules for STEAM education:
- Traffic light module (Red/Yellow/Green)
- 2x W2812 RGB LED
- Temperature & Humidity Sensor
- Infrared Receiver
- Infrared Flame Sensor
- Rotation Sensor (potentiometer)
- 12864 OLED Display
- 4x Motor Driver
- Relay Module
- External Power Supply (6-12V)
- Power Switch
- I2C Expansion Port (5V)
- 3.3V Expansion Ports
- 5V Expansion ports
- SR-04 Ultrasonic Sensor port
- URM10 Ultrasonic port
- HuskyLens Port
- USB power input (5V)
- Removes the complications of hardware and connections for early users
- Great value compared to buying the components and parts alone
Specifications & Pin Mapping
- Operating Voltage: 5V (USB)
- External Power Supply: 6V~12V (switch controls the external power)
- Relay Module (P9) ×1 (On-board status indicator)
- Infrared Receiver (P13) ×1
- W2812RGB Light (P15) ×2 (RGB0 RGB1)
- Infrared Flame Sensor (I2C) ×1
- Temperature & Humidity Sensor (I2C) ×1
- Rotation Angle Sensor (I2C) ×1
- Red/Yellow/Green Traffic Light Module (I2C) ×1
- 12864_OLED Display (I2C) ×1 (With black metal protective cover)
- Motor Drive (I2C)×4 (Onboard forward/backward rotation two-colour indicator)
- GPIO(5V): P0 P1 P2 P8 (External power with the stronger driving capability)
- GPIO(3.3V): P0 P1 P2 P8 P12 P14 P16 (Inner power of micro:bit main-board)
- I2C Expansion Port (3.3V) ×2
- HuskyLens Port (5V I2C ) ×1 (External power with stronger drive capability)
- SR04 Ultrasonic Sensor Port ×1 （5V P0 P1 GND）
- URM10 Ultrasonic Sensor Port ×1 （5V P0 P1 GND）
- Dimensions: 57x87 mm
- 1x Xia mi Board for micro:bit
micro:bit not included. Some tutorials require additional parts.
- Enter the MakeCode programming platform in browser: https://makecode.microbit.org/
- Create a new project and name it.
- Load the Xia Mi program library:
- Click “setting”, and “expansion” in turn
- Paste this link in the search box: https://github.com/DFRobot/pxt-DFRobot_xia_mi_Board
Some of these tutorials require additional parts to connect to the board.
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.