The SLX Wappsto:bit is an extension board for the BBC micro:bit (not included), which connects your micro:bit to the cloud via WiFi so you can view collected data from sensors on a superb dashboard and interact with your micro:bit remotely!
Wappsto:bit opens up a world of new possibilities for fun and educational projects with your micro:bit. Use your favourite 3.3V sensors to gather data, upload it to the cloud and view on the slick Wappsto dashboard:
Continue reading or check out the datasheet for more information and hook up examples!
Wappsto:bit works directly out of the box
- Plug your micro:bit into the Wappsto:bit
- Select which sensor data to send using Wappsto building blocks in Microsoft MakeCode
- Your micro:bit automatically connects to the internet and your data is saved
- The world is your playground, go on an adventure and experiment!
You get all this with Wappsto:bit:
- Easy setup by scanning a QR code
- Drag-and-drop programming using Microsoft MakeCode
- You choose which sensor data to send and when, and it’s automatically sent to the cloud (must be within WiFi/hotspot range)
- Secure connection with encrypted data transfer
- It’s easy to make graphs to explore your data in your personal dashboard
- Data can easily be exported to a spreadsheet
- Free subscription to Wappsto by Seluxit with up to 1,000,000 readings per month (plenty for most adventures!)
- You can use a laptop or power bank for power
Free Wappsto subscription - no catches, no payment details and 1,000,000 free monthly measurements per month
We don't like sneaky subscription services, which is why we're happy to stock this product as there are no catches or payment details required. The board comes with the free subscription service which should be plenty for most users:
- The free subscription allows up to 10 devices and up to 1 million monthly measurements - read more here
- There are no bills or card details required, and most users won't need to go up to paid tiers
- If you want to bump up to higher tiers, payment is pre-paid so there are never any unexpected bills/costs
Here's a great video from Hannah Makes showing you exactly how it works:
- Edge-connector for micro:bit
- ESP32-WROOM-32E, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth module with built-in antenna
- Fully populated pinheaders from micro:bit GPIO pins
- Croc-clip connections, micro:bit IO pins 0, 1 and 2, 1x 3.3V output and 1x GND
- Status LED, for indication of connection to Wappsto by Seluxit Button, for resetting network settings
- Micro USB power supply, operating voltage 4.5-5.5
What kind of experiments can you make?
That depends on your creativity and the sensors you have available.
- Are you cold at night? You can measure the temperature in your room overnight and see if the temperature changes
- Does your dog snore? You can measure how often there’s a loud sound by your dog’s bed
- Is the apple tree getting enough water? You can measure the humidity in the soil by the tree and see how it changes depending on the weather
- How much CO2 is in the classroom and what happens when you open the window?
You will need
- A BBC micro:bit (v1 or v2)
- A micro-USB cable
- A WiFi network (with Wappsto:bit Basic you can send data through your home Wi-Fi network)
Then just follow the simple getting started guide!
- 1x Wappsto:bit basic Board
micro:bit not included
Data & Safety
One email to rule it all
When you sign up for free Wappsto services, all you need to share is an email address. If you wish to upgrade your account, our payment partners will of course need to know a bit more about you
Nothing shared without your consent and it’s all anonymised
If you wish to engage with other users on Wappsto and perhaps share your data, everything is done using unique identifiers (UUID), meaning your identity will be kept anonymous. And you can always withdraw your sharing consent.
Seluxit are serious about data security and Data Ethics
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.