Kick off the festive season with this fun Christmas tree rainbow RGB LED board for the BBC micro:bit.
The tree includes 6 RGB LEDs which can be controlled via your micro:bit when attached using crocodile clips (not included). It's easily coded using the Microsoft MakeCode block editor and the available 'Neopixel extension library. There's even a downloadable hex file (below) to get you up and running quickly before Santa arrives!
We also have a snowflake buzzer board available for making your own jolly jingles and a full set including both boards and cables in a single festive gift-wrapped pack!
- Connect a black (ideally) crocodile clip to the GND port of the micro:bit and the other side to the 'G' port of the tree
- Connect a red (ideally) crocodile clip to the 3V port of the micro:bit and the other side to the 'V' port of the tree
- Connect a yellow (ideally) crocodile clip to the 0 port of the micro:bit and the other side to the 'S' port of the tree
Crocodile clips not included. You can use other colour clips, but we find keeping to the usual black/red/colour for GND/VCC/Signal helps us avoid mistakes!
How to code
- Open Microsoft MakeCode: https://makecode.microbit.org/#
- Select 'New Project'
- From the left block bar, select 'Advanced' then 'Extensions'
- Search for 'neopixel' and select the extension matching that name
- Now download this MakeCode hex file and drag it over to your MakeCode screen to load the example project
- Once loaded to your micro:bit, your tree's LEDs should glow and change colour
- Now tinker to your heart's content whilst eating too many chocolates from the tub!
- 1x Rainbow RGB LED Christmas Tree
micro:bit and crocodile clips not included
- Number of RGB LEDs: 6
- Input Voltage: 3.3-5V
- Dimensions: 76mm x 50mm
- Weight: 6.5g
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.