The Clippable Detector board for the BBC micro:bit detects light, objects and can follow lines. The board is compatible directly with the BBC micro:bit and certain Kitronik boards, such as the Klip Motor Board.
The board works by using phototransistors to detect the reflectiveness of different surfaces. The Clippable Detector board has 3 phototransistor sensors evenly spaced out from each other. The sensors provide an analogue voltage to the BBC microbit. Five connections are required for full operation. These connections match those on a BBC micro:bit and can be attached using either bolts or croc-clip leads.
Note: micro:bit not included
Coding MakeCode Blocks
We have produced a set of custom MakeCode blocks for the Clippable Detector board. To add them to the editor, select the cog icon in the top right of the editor. Then, select Extensions from the drop-down menu and in the search bar type and enter Kitronik. Pick the tile from the list and the new blocks will be added to the menu in the editor.
It is also possible to use MicroPython to write code for this board. For MicroPython example code visit our GitHub page here.
- Use the board to detect light, objects or to follow lines
- The board is fitted with 3 phototransistors that detect the reflectiveness of different surfaces
- Connect the board directly to the micro:bit or connect using croc-clip leads
- We've created custom MakeCode blocks to make the job of coding as easy as possible
- You can also code it with MicroPython, you can find example code here
- 1 x Clippable Detector board for the BBC micro:bit.
- Length: 77mm
- Width: 20mm
- Height: 2.8mm
- Mounting Hole Diameter: 3mm
- BBC micro:bit
- Micro USB cable
- Crocodile clip-leads (if not bolting the board directly to the micro:bit)
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.