LCD displays are a fun way to learn how to code with a Raspberry Pi, Arduino and most development boards, however they usually come with a lot of pin connections and a single backlight colour.
This Waveshare LCD1602 version of the classic 16x2 LCD Display has an RGB backlight, allowing you to select up to 16 million different colours for your project. It also features an I2C interface requiring just 4 pin connections, making wiring your project much easier and reducing cable spaghetti!
Add the smooth rounded edges, handy mounting holes and included jumper wire and you've just found the ultimate LCD upgrade!
Examples are provided for the Raspberry Pi, Raspberry Pi Pico and Arduino.
- Incorporates character LCD panel LCD1602
- Adjustable RGB backlight colour, up to 16M (2563) backlight colours
- I2C control interface, only two signal pins are required, saving the IO resource
- Compatible with 3.3V/5V operating voltage
- Rounded edges
- Mounting holes
- 4-pin jumper wire included
- Online development resources and manual (Raspberry Pi/Jetson Nano/Arduino examples)
- 1x 16x2 RGB LCD Display Module
- 1x 4-pin PH2.0 wire
Hardware Connection Examples
Arduino Uno hookup:
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V - 5V
- Communication Interface: I2C
- Display Panel: Character LCD
- Characters: 16x2
- Backlight Colours: 16M
- LCD Controller: AiP31068
- RGB Driver: PCA9633
- Display Size: 64.5 × 16.0mm
- Dimensions: 87mm x 32mm x 13mm
- Operating Voltage: -20 ~ +70℃
|VCC||3.3V ~ 5V power input|
|SCL||I2C clock pin|
|SDA||I2C data pin|
Payment & Accreditations