ANAVI Light pHAT is an add-on board for the Raspberry Pi that allows you to control 12V RGB LED strips. The board supports sensors for light, temperature, humidity, gesture recognition, and motion detection.
The pHAT is fully compliant with the popular open-source home automation platform, Home Assistant. Thanks to Anavi’s open-source application, the pHAT can be easily integrated into Home Assistant as an MQTT JSON Light component.
The pHAT requires a 12V power supply for powering the LED strip (not included). You will also need to power your Raspberry Pi separately.
The pHAT officially supports a PIR motion sensor as well as the following I2C modules (not included):
- BH1750 sensor for light
- HTU21D sensor for temperature and humidity
- APDS-9960 sensor for RGB colour and gesture detection
You can also attach any other I2C sensor, but you will have to take care of their software integration.
- Automating lighting with the open-source software platform Home Assistant
- Making a do-it-yourself magic lamp controlled with gestures (sensors required)
- Making a do-it-yourself unique decoration
- Exploring a project that combines free and open-source software with open-source hardware
- Terminal block for attaching 12V RGB LED strip
- Slots for up to three plug and play I2C sensor modules (not included)
- Slot for PIR motion sensor (not included)
- UART pins for debugging
- EEPROM with board manufacturer information and a device tree fragment
- Compatible with any model of Raspberry Pi with a 40-pin header
- 1x Anavi Light pHAT
Raspberry Pi not included
Proudly Open Source
The Light pHAT is an open-source hardware project powered and created with free and open-source software.
The board is designed with the free and open-source electronics design automation suite KiCAD. The schematics and the PCB design are available at GitHub under CC BY-SA 4.0 license.
Open source sample applications written in the C programming language are also provided. ANAVI Light pHAT can be easily integrated into the open-source platform Home Assistant as an MQTT JSON Light component using the Anavi open source daemon that communicates over the MQTT protocol.
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.