This compact IPS DSI-driven touchscreen display is only slightly larger than the Raspberry Pi 4, and combined with its other clever features, it lends itself well to space-conscious projects and installations.
This is an 800x480 IPS display with a fully laminated tempered glass panel, capacitive 5-point touch (OS-dependent), 170° viewing angles and a software-adjustable backlight. The display is driven by the Raspberry Pi's DSI MIPI connection (ribbon cable included), removing the need for HDMI cables or GPIO pin usage.
In fact, all of your GPIO pins are kept completely free and ready for a HAT or jumper wires thanks to the 'pogo pins' connecting to the underside of the Raspberry Pi GPIO header (connecting 5V, GND, SCL and SDA) allowing the Pi to be oriented away from the display.
A convenient 2-pin 5V/GND header on the display can be used for low voltage devices such as a 5V fan.
Note: please check the product wiki for instructions on setting the DIP switch on the display, If you're using the Bullseye branch of Raspberry Pi OS, switch to I2C0.
- 4" IPS DSI capacitive touch screen
- 800x480 resolution
- Capacitive touch panel with up to 5-point touch
- Tempered glass panel, hardness up to 6H
- Drives the LCD directly through the Raspberry Pi's DSI interface with a refresh rate of up to 60Hz
- Pogo pins for power and SDA/SCL connections
- GPIO pins are kept free for HATs/manual connections
- Supports Raspberry Pi OS
- Supports Raspberry Pi 4B/3B+/3A+
- Supports backlight adjusts by software
- Dimensions (approximate): 104mm x 65.5mm (viewable display approximately 87mm x 52.5mm)
- Online product wiki
- 1x 4" DSI LCD
- 2x FPC 15-pin 1.0 pitch 50mm cable (opposite sides)
- 1x Screws pack
Raspberry Pi not included