The Kitronik TriColour LED board is a pre-built strip board designed for low-power lighting displays, such as edge-lit signs and illustrations. It has been designed such that its power requirement is within the supply rating of a computer USB port (under 100mA).
The Tri-Colour board features 15 LEDs; 5 x green, 5 x blue, and 5 x Red running in three colour rows down the length of the board. This allows for edge-lit designs featuring three separately lit acrylic sign parts, making it a great platform for more ambitious and imaginative designs.
The PCB is approximately 75mm long, 17mm wide, and is provided with a pair of M3 mounting holes, and sets of alignment holes to align 3mm (nominal) acrylic with the LEDs. The side-mounted switch can be used to turn on/off the LEDs. An additional switch can be connected in parallel with the PCB switch to allow remote mounting within an enclosure.
When using a remote switch the PCB-mounted switch should be left switched to ‘Off’. The remote switch is wired across the pads marked +5V and Switched Voltage.
Power is supplied to the tri-colour board via a Micro USB power connector. It is possible to connect a non-USB power supply to the board via the 5V and 0V pads. Caution: voltages over 5.5V may cause damage to the board. Wire to +5V and 0V to use the onboard switch, or wire the 5V to a remote switch and then into the Switched Voltage and 0V pads to use a remote switch.
It is possible to wire one switch to control several boards simultaneously. Caution: voltages over 5V may cause permanent damage to the board.
- Level up your edge-lit signs, static displays, and illustrations with the TriColour LED board
- 5 LEDs; 5 x green, 5 x blue, and 5 x Red running in three colour rows down the length of the board
- It has been designed such that it is within the supply rating of a computer USB port (under 100mA)
- The PCB is approximately 75mm long, 17mm wide
- There are two M3 mounting holes
- The LEDs are controlled by an onboard on/off switch, there are also pads to allow you to connect a remote switch
- Power is supplied to the board via a Micro USB power connector.
- The board also features power pads to allow for powering via a non-USB power source
- One remote on/off switch can be used on multiple boards simultaneously
- Dimensions: L:75mm x W:17mm x H:7mm
|Number of LED||3 x 5 each Red, Green, Blue|
|Operational Supply||5V, via micro USB connector or solder pads|
|Mounting||2 x M3 holes|
- 1x TriColour LED board