Thanks to Bosch, now we’ve got a three-in-one, low-cost and high-precision environmental sensor, the Grove - Temp&Humi&Barometer Sensor (BME280).
It is based on their new BME280 sensor, which is even superior to BMP280 used in Grove – Barometer Sensor (BMP280), and any other former versions like BMP180 used in Grove – Barometer Sensor (BMP180).
The module provides precise measurement of not only barometric pressure and temperature, but also the humidity in the environment. The air pressure can be measured in a range from 300 hPa to 1100hPa with ±1.0 hPa accuracy, while the sensor works perfectly for temperatures between - 40 and 85 with an accuracy of ±1 . As for the humidity, you can get a humidity value with an error less than 3%.
Owing to its high accuracy on measuring the pressure, and the pressure changes with altitude, we can calculate the altitude with ±1 meter accuracy, which makes it a precise altimeter as well.
Another great thing about this module is that, you don’t even need to worry about the I2C collisions as it provides both I2C and SPI interfaces.
To use SPI, simply de-solder the bonding pads on the back. If you go with I2C, the board also provides 2 I2C addresses for you to select as you want.
- High accuracy, absolute accuracy of ±1.0 hPa for pressure, ±1 accuracy for temperature and ±3% for humidity
- Easy-to-use Grove Compatible Interface
- Supports both I2C and SPI communication
- Can be used as an altimeter with accuracy of ±1 meter
- Supply Voltage: 5V or 3.3V
- Current Consumption: 0.4 mA
- Temperature Measurement:
- Range: -40 to 85
- Accuracy: ±1
- Humidity Accuracy: ±3%
- Barometric Pressure Measurement:
- Range: 300 – 1100 hPa
- Accuracy: ±1.0 hPa
- Interface: I2C and SPI
- Grove Port: I2C (selectable address at 0x77(default) and 0x76)
- Dimensions: 20mm x 40mm
- Weight: 4g
- For libraries and documents, please visit SEEED's support pages Wiki page.
- For technical discussion, please visit SEEED's Forum.
- For projects that you would like to share with the community, please visit Recipe.
As the sensor is quite sensitive to the environmental conditions, please DO NOT touch it with your fingers.