This is a 16x2 LCD display with an I2C interface. It is able to display 16x2 characters on 2 lines and features white characters on blue background.
Usually, Arduino LCD display projects will run out of pin resources easily, especially with Arduino Uno. It can also be very complicated with the wire soldering and connections. This I2C 16x2 Arduino LCD Screen is using an I2C communication interface, meaning it only needs 4 pins from your microcontroller for the LCD display to run: VCC, GND, SDA, SCL.
The display comes with a 'Gadgeteer' cable which you'll probably not need as the Gadgeteer wiring system is no longer produced! The display does not come with a dedicated cable for the I2C connection - we just use standard jumper wires instead.
It will save at least 4 digital/analog pins on your Arduino. All connectors are standard XH2.54 (Breadboard type).
- Compatible with most Arduino-based boards such as Arduino UNO, Leonardo, Mega, 101 (Intel Curie), Micro, Nano, Mini etc
- I2C Address:0x20-0x27(0x20 default)
- Backlit (Blue with white character colour)
- Supply voltage: 5V
- Interface:I2C/TWI x1,Gadgeteer interface x2
- Adjustable contrast
- Size: 80x36x20mm
- I2C 16x2 LCD Screen
- Gadgeteer 1.27 mm Ribbon IDC10 Cable
You will need jumper wires to connect the I2C pins to your breadboard/dev board