The Beetle CM-32U4 is a tiny Leonardo-compatible controller with an onboard lithium charging chip. An upgraded version of the original DFRobot Beetle Board, the Beetle CM-32U4 has powerful functionality in a compact footprint
Measuring just 22mm x 20.5mm, the Beetle CM-32U includes most commonly-used communication interfaces: 1x I2C, 1x SPI, 1x UART, 2x analog interfaces, 2x digital interfaces, 2x GND reserved and 1x 5V output, which are all broken out to pin connections (soldering required), which for most users will be more convenient compared with the onboard pads of the original Beetle.
The board supports the official Arduino Leonardo firmware, which means you can directly use it in Arduino IDE without extra downloads.
The CM-34U4 has onboard lithium battery charging via specific battery pins, allowing you to power your mobile project from small batteries without the need for additional charging modules.
There are 3 power supply methods on the Beetle CM-32U4: USB-C power supply; battery pack power supply on the BAT pin or 5V external power supply on the VIN pin. This selection of power options makes this board a flexible option for your next wearable or mobile project.
- Compatible with Arduino Leonardo software/IDE
- Onboard lithium battery charging
- Compact size
- 3x power options
- Battery pack (BAT pin)
- 5V external supply (VIN pin)
- Onboard indication LEDs
- Red = Power indicator
- Blue = Normal
- Green = Charging indicator
- Mainboard: Beetle CM-32U4
- Microcontroller： ATmega32U4
- Operating Voltage: 5V DC
- Interface: I2C x 1,SPI x 1,UART x 1,Analog x 2,Digital x 2
- Flash Memory：2 KB of which 4KB used by bootloader
- Clock Rate：16 MHz
- Charging chip: TP4056X
- Operating Voltage: 5V (DC)
- Operating Temperature: -40～125℃
- Charging current: 200mA ~ 600mA
- I2C: 1 WIRE library
- SPI: 1 SPI library
- UART: 1
- Power Port: 3
- Dimension: 22 × 20.5mm
- 1x Beetle CM-32U4
- 2x 8-pin 2.54mm pin headers