With the ability to display 8 characters, data such as the time, date, counters, stock prices, sports scores and more can be shown on the ZeroSeg. There are endless possibilities and project uses!
The ZeroSeg contains two red (4-character) 7-segment displays and two tactile buttons for controlling the displays, brightness or any other element of your project.
The displays are controlled by a MAX7219CNG integrated circuit, which manages each LED segment, requiring very few GPIO pins to run the board. this boards circuit is wired in the exact same way as generic 7-segment modules, allowing the use of existing code and libraries to easily create Pi Zero projects with 8-character displays.
- 1x ZeroSeg PCB
- 1x 40-pin GPIO header
- 1x MAX7219CNG IC
- 1x 24-pin IC socket
- 2x 4-character 7-segment displays
- 2x Tactile switches
- 1x 100nF capacitor (labelled 104)
- 1x 10uF capacitor (labelled 106)
- 2x 10k resistors (colour bands: brown/black/black/red/brown)
- 2x 1k resistors (colour bands: brown/black/black/brown/brown)
- 1x 27k resistor (colour bands: red/violet/black/red/brown)
A full code library, including example scripts, is available via GitHub and is quick and easy to download and use. Basic number display, scrolling, brightness, button control and other examples are provided.
The user guide details the kit assembly in clear steps, and includes installation instructions, code examples, FAQs and more (Available HERE!)
- Product is in kit form and requires soldering and assembly
- Special attention should be given to the soldering order
- Please ensure you read the provided manual before assembly and usage.
- Product is subject to change without notice
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.