This non-contact turbidity sensor detects water quality by measuring the level of turbidity. Based on the optics principle, it is capable of detecting the light transmittance and scattering rate of the liquid in transparent cylinder containers with a diameter of 40–50mm, which will then be output as an analogue value within a certain range that reflects the level of liquid turbidity.
The turbidity sensor comes with two infrared probes, which should be oppositely installed on a container, and it detects when the liquid level inside is higher than the two probes. The sensor can measure without coming into contact with liquid, making it less susceptible to corrosion from water or chemicals.
Connection Example - Turbidity Sensor to DFRduino UNO R3
- No mechanically moving parts, high reliability
- Small size & low cost
- Supply Voltage: 5V
- Communication Mode: UART-TTL
- Applicable Cylinder Container Diameter: 40 to 50mm
- Baud Rate: 9600
- Operating Current: less than 10mA
- Response Time: less than 1s
- Operating Temperature: 5 to 60℃Storage Temperature: 0 to 65℃
- Service Life: 50000h
- 1x Turbidity Sensor
- 1x Gravity: 4Pin Sensor Adapter