The TinyShield 7 Segment Display Board contains two seven-segment LEDs (Red LEDs) that can be set over the I2C (thus saving signals to do other tasks) by using a Semtech SX1506 I/O expander.
Each of the segments, including the decimal indicator, can be individually selected, and an easy to use library is provided to make it extremely easy to use.
To learn more about the TinyDuino Platform, click here.
To see what other TinyShields this will work with or conflict with, check out the TinyShield Compatibility Matrix
- Two Seven Segment LEDs, Color Red
- Displays include a decimal indicator
- I2C Semtech SX1506 I/O Expander
TinyDuino Power Requirements
- Voltage: 3.0V - 5.5V
- 4mA per segment (3.0V)
- 10mA per segment (5.0V)
- Due to the current, this board can run for a very short time on the TinyDuino with a coin cell, however, a Lithium battery should be used for longer life.
- A5/SCL - I2C Serial Clock line
- A4/SDA - I2C Serial Data line
- 20mm x 20mm (.787 inches x .787 inches)
- Max Height (from lower bottom TinyShield Connector to the upper top of LED displays): 6.6mm (.26 inches)
- Weight: 1.36 grams (.05 ounces)
- LED Datasheet
- IO Expander Datasheet
- Eagle Files
- Sample Arduino code
- CAD 3D and 2D Files
- This board has no top TinyShield connector, so no additional TinyShields can be stack on top of this. This board is meant to be on the top of a TinyDuino stack.
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.