This is a standalone Lithium battery charger from TinyCircuits that lets you charge up your batteries from a micro-USB cable. The battery can connect to a JST SH connector (the battery connector on most lithium batteries). You can also use this without the JST connector with two large through holes to connect to a battery pack.
Note: please check the polarity of your battery before connecting. Not all JST terminated products have the same polarity! See the rear of the board for polarity.
Simply plug the USB side with a cable into a USB port, and plug a lithium-polymer or lithium-ion rechargeable (3.7V / 4.2V) battery into the other side and it will start charging. A status LED on the board will indicate when charging, and will turn off when fully charged.
Note: Battery and the micro-USB cable are not included.
- 2-Pin JST SH Connector for battery connection
- Includes two solder tabs to connect directly to battery terminals if desired
- 100 mA charge current (can be set to 500mA with a resistor change)
- Status LED indicates when charging
- Robust Gold Finish – makes soldering easy and is non-corrosive
- PCB dimensions: 14mm x 9mm (0.511 inches x 0.354 inches)
- Max Height: 3.7mm (0.146 inches)
- Thin 0.61mm (0.024 inches) PCB
- Weight: 0.540 grams (0.019 ounces)
- The charge current can be changed to 500mA by moving R5 (next to the 0.1mA label on the silkscreen) to the R4 (next to the 0.5mA label on the silkscreen) position.