VL53L1X Distance Sensor is a "Time-of-Flight" (ToF) ranging module based on the VL53L1X from ST, with accurate ranging up to 4m and fast ranging frequency up to 50 Hz. It's controlled through an I2C interface and has a low power consumption.
The VL53L1X embeds ST’s third-generation FlightSense patented technology. Compared with the second generation VL53L0X, the VL53L1X extends the ToF ranging distance up to 4m and features fast-ranging frequency up to 50 Hz.
Unlike conventional ranging sensors, the VL53L1X integrates physical infrared filters and optics. It uses ST’s latest generation ToF technology which allows absolute distance measurement whatever the target colour and reflectance, and achieves better anti-interference capability.
A 20cm PH2.0 6-pin wire is included in the package for hooking this sensor up to your microcontroller.
- I2C communication interface - control the module on/off via IO pins
- Onboard voltage translator - compatible with 3.3V/5V operating voltage
- Online development resources and manual (examples for Raspberry Pi/Arduino/STM32)
- VCC: 3.3V/5V power input
- GND: ground
- SDA: I2C data pin
- SCL: I2C clock pin
- SHUT: shutdown control, connects to IO pin
- INT: interrupt output, connects to IO pin
- 1x VL53L1X Distance Sensor
- 1x PH2.0 6-pin wire 20cm
- Operating voltage: 3.3V/5V
- Dimension: 20mm × 24mm
- Mounting holes size: 2.0mm
- Ranging distance: 40 ~ 4000mm
- Ranging accuracy: ±5%
- Ranging time (min): 20ms (short distance mode), 33ms (medium/long distance mode)
- Field of view: 27°
- Laser wavelength: 940nm
- Operating temperature: -20 ~ 80°C