Make a sleek full featured, conversation starting desk clock. The Solder:Time™ Desk Clock is the latest addition to the Solder:Time kit family. The Solder Time Desk Clock (STDC) is a DIY soldering kit. You only need to provide some basic electronics tools; Solder iron, solder, screwdriver, some fine grit sandpaper and wire snips. We've pre-programmed the chip, so it's ready to roll once assembled.
Itching to hack in some custom code or hardware? Bring it on! Designed with hack-a-bility in mind, the STDC is based on the same ATMega microprocessor used in the Arduino products. There are extra digital and analog pins broken-out, an open serial port as well as I2C all easily accessible within the case, as well as an integrated prototyping area on-board. Download the sketch from our web page, modify it, add extra hardware if that's your thing, and WOW your friends (or the Internet) with your amazing add-ons.
- Easy through hole soldering kit
- Comes pre-programed
- Back-up battery for Clock
- Time, Month, Day and Date
- Alarm with buzzer
- No special adhesives required
- This kit is so substantial that it only comes in a box
- Re-program with the Arduino IDE
- Free Digital I/O Pins 4 (of which 2 are used for Serial)
- Free Analog Input Pins 2
- I2C Port
- All pins broken in a convenient header
- Built in proto-area
- Two Sets of PCB mounting holes
- Optional "break-off" mounting holes
Tools & Supplies required:
- Soldering Iron
- Flush Cutters
- Fine sand paper
- Dimensions 7 x 3 1/8 x 1 9/16" (178 x 8 x 39 mm)
- Built weight 12.9oz (367g)
- Input Voltage 9 to 12V
- Current 25 ma
- Instructions Page
- Interface Menu Map
- Solder : Time Desk Clock Arduino Sketch v1.0
- Solder : Time Desk Clock Schematic
- Required for reprogramming: Timer1 Arduino Library
For product support for all Spikenzie products, click here!
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.