This is a round, all-in-one capacitive fingerprint sensor module, which is nearly as small as a fingernail. The module is controlled via UART commands and is easy to use on popular development platforms such as the Raspberry Pi. Its advantages include 360° omni-directional verification, fast verification, high stability, and low power consumption, etc.
Based on a high-performance Cortex processor, combined with a high-security commercial fingerprinting algorithm, the UART Fingerprint Sensor features functionalities like fingerprint enrolling, image acquisition, feature finding, template generation and storing, fingerprint matching, and so on. Without any knowledge about the complicated fingerprinting algorithm, all you need to do is just send some UART commands to quickly integrate it into fingerprint verification applications.
Online development resources are available, which include wiring guidance and example code, with additional information being found on the Waveshare Wiki.
- Easy to use by some simple commands, you don't have to understand fingerprint technology or the module inter structure
- A commercial fingerprinting algorithm provides stable performance, fast verification, supports fingerprint enrolling, fingerprint matching, collect fingerprint images, and upload fingerprint feature, etc.
- Capacitive sensitive detection, just touch the collecting window lightly for fast verification
- Hardware highly integrated, processor and sensor in one small chip, suitable for small size applications
- Narrow stainless steel rim, large touching area, supports 360° omni-directional verification
- Embedded human sensor, the processor will enter sleep automatically, and wake up when touched, lower power consumption
- Onboard UART connector, easy to connect with hardware platforms like STM32 and Raspberry Pi
- Sensor type: capacitive touch
- Resolution: 508DPI
- Image pixels: 192×192
- Image grey scale: 8
- Sensor size: R15.5mm
- Fingerprint capacity: 500
- Matching time: <500ms (1:N, and N≤100)
- False acceptance rate: <0.001%
- False rejection rate: <0.1%
- Operating voltage: 2.7~3.3V
- Operating current: <50mA
- Sleep current: <16uA
- Anti-electrostatic: contact discharge 8KV / aerial discharge 15KV
- Interface: UART
- Baudrate: 19200 bps
- Operating environment:
- Temperature: -20°C~70°C
- Humidity: 40%RH~85%RH (no condensation)
- Storage environment:
- Temperature: -40°C~85°C
- Humidity: <85%RH (no condensation)
- Fingerprint lock
- Fingerprint safe deposit box
- Access control system
- Clock in and out
- UART Fingerprint Sensor (C) x1
- 6PIN squid wire x1
For device-specific wiring diagrams (Raspberry Pi), please read the user manual.