The Raspberry Pi High-Quality Camera - M12 Mount is a new version of the original Raspberry Pi High-Quality Camera with modified metalwork that supports M12-mount lenses natively.
Whereas the original High-Quality Camera is designed to natively support C-mount lenses (and CS-mount lenses via an adapter), this version has been designed specifically for M12 lenses following popular demand from both makers and industrial customers alike.
The M12 version is otherwise identical both in terms of the technical specifications and physical dimensions (apart from the front metalwork!). It maintains the same excellent 12MP Sony IMX477 sensor and 1/4” -20 tripod mount as the original.
This camera module will accept any M12 mount lens. It will not work with C/CS mount lenses!
We also stock different tripods in our camera accessories section which fit the tripod mounting point perfectly:
- Flexible Camera Tripod
- Small 75mm Tripod for HQ Camera
- Medium 150mm Tripod for HQ Camera
- Large 250mm Tripod for HQ Camera
To use this camera with the Raspberry Pi Zero, you will require a Zero Camera Adapter Cable.
The M12 High-Quality Camera module from Raspberry Pi boasts a 12-megapixel resolution and a 7.9mm-diagonal sensor for impressive low-light performance.
The camera is bundled with a 200mm FPC cable for connection to your Raspberry Pi and a milled aluminium M12 lens mount with an integrated 1/4” -20 tripod mount.
A soft lens protector/cover is also included with the module and comes pre-fitted.
It’s designed to work with interchangeable M12 lenses giving you ultimate flexibility with your Raspberry Pi camera projects.
The Raspberry Pi M12 HQ Camera module is compatible with all models of the Raspberry Pi that have a full-size CSI camera connector, from the Raspberry Pi 1 Model B onwards, using the latest Raspberry Pi OS software release.
In the box
- HQ Camera module - M12 Mount, with integrated tripod mount (fitted)
- Soft lens cover (fitted)
- 200mm ribbon cable (fitted)
- 3x lens locking rings (one required when using an M12 lens, the other two are spares - handy!)
- Sony IMX477R stacked, back-illuminated sensor
- 12.3 megapixels
- 7.9 mm sensor diagonal
- 1.55 μm × 1.55 μm pixel size
Output: RAW12/10/8, COMP8
Back focus: 2.6mm–11.8mm
Lens standards: M12
IR cut filter: Integrated
Ribbon cable length: 200 mm
Tripod mount: 1/4”-20
- FCC 47 CFR Part 15, Subpart B, Class B Digital Device
- Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive (EMC) 2014/30/EU
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive 2011/65/EU