The ProtoCam is a Raspberry Pi (original 26-pin version) add-on prototyping board with a mounting section for your Raspberry Pi Camera Module (not included).
Mounting the Camera Module inside the prototyping board allows you to include the Camera Module in new and exciting prototyping projects. The camera is surrounded by a large prototyping area set out in ‘breadboard style’ lanes of pads, making it easy to add components such as LEDs, segment displays, resistors, sensors, ICs and much more.
The GPIO is broken out into an identical section for use in your prototypes, along with a power rail section and corner mounting options for the included support screw.
The board is the same size as the Raspberry Pi (Model A,B) making a neat and tidy Camera mount and prototyping solution.
Ideas for projects with the ProtoCam include:
- A custom LED flash
- Infra-red LED night photography
- A movement sensor camera using a PIR sensor
- A PiCamera project
- CCTV Pi security
- Timelapse projects with buttons/displays
- ...and much more!
- Mounting holes for the Raspberry Pi Camera Module
- Large prototyping area around the camera module mount for adding components
- Shorter, thicker replacement camera belt
- Extra-tall 26-pin header - allows space for the included shorter camera belt
- GPIO mirrored break-out section for connecting the Pi to your prototype
- 4x power rail lane section for creating additional power connection pads
- 3x support hole mounting options for use with included M2.5 screw
- Same size as the Raspberry Pi (Model A,B)
- High-quality Immersion Nickel/Gold Plating
- Thickness: 1.6mm
- Board colour: Black
- Silk screen: White
- 85mm x 55 mm (length/width)
26-Pin Extra Tall Header
- Extra-tall spacer version to allow for the camera belt
- Gold finish to match PCB plating
- Thicker than standard Raspberry Pi Camera Belt
- Designed to hold bend securely
- 85mm length
- 1x M2.5 x 18mm screw
- 4x M2 x 8mm screw
- 1 x M2.5 nut
- 4x M2 nuts