These cable packs come in pairs and allow you to inject a 2.1mm DC power line into your Ethernet RJ45 cable/network. The adapters allow you to send Data and Power over one RJ45 ethernet cable.
They're made of Cat 6 cable but you can't use these for Gigabit Ethernet connections as only the standard 4 internal cables are connected, not the full 8 that Gigabit connections require. Your device and router should revert to 10/100speeds.
The cables can also be used to extract power from a network that has already had power injected!
- Ensure that you use a high-quality copper ethernet RJ45 cables when injecting power. Cheaper CCA (Copper Coated Aluminum) alternatives will have higher resistance, and may not work/could heat up or melt!
- A suitable DC charger is required (not included) to inject power into your device.
- Supplied in Pairs:
- 1 x Ethernet Socket to DC Plug & Ethernet Plug
- 1 x Ethernet Socket to DC Socket & Ethernet Plug
- 2.1 x 5.5mm DC Connections (1 plug, 1 socket)
- Cat 6 Ethernet Cable
- 10/100 speeds