The PinPal is our very own GPIO breakout solution for the Raspberry Pi 400, which includes a pre-soldered breakout PCB and custom GPIO ribbon cable.
Note: Breadboard and Pi 400 not included!
With the Pi 400 pins located at the rear of the keyboard, we wanted a solution to bring these to a breadboard in a sensible 'to the side' position for working on projects. We tried existing breakouts but they came with a range of challenges - awkward placement, twisted cables, incorrect pin directions or simply not accommodating a breadboard directly.
The PinPal is our answer to these problems! The kit includes a pre-soldered PinPal PCB which fits into standard breadboards and has a unique 'underside' connector for the included ribbon cable, which connects to your Pi 400. This board breaks out the GPIO pins into your breadboard's lanes, clearly labelling each GPIO pin number including special highlighting of the GND pins to help you find your way. Perfect for using with our jumper wire kit!
The colourful ribbon cable has notches (which match the Pi 400 and socket connector) to ensure you don't fit it the wrong way round. Just be sure to check the assembly guide (coming soon!) as the cable has different custom connectors specifically for each side. When fitting, you will need to create a bend/fold in the cable to assist it in laying flat as pictured.
Due to this unique 'underside' socket orientation, the breadboard needs to be lifted a few millimeters. For this, we include 4x rubber feet to fit on the underside of your breadboard (see below image).
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi 400 only
- Breaks out your Pi 400 GPIO pins to breadboard lanes for really convenient 'to the side' prototyping
- Unique 'underside' socket connector reduces messy ribbon cable clutter
- All GPIO pins clearly labelled including GND pin highlighting
- Includes PinPal PCB (pre-soldered) and custom GPIO ribbon cable
- No soldering required :)
- Includes required rubber feet
- 1x PinPal PCB
- 1x Custom GPIO ribbon cable
- 4x Rubber Feet
Breadboard and Pi 400 not included
- We have tested this with breadboards we sell in the store. We can't guarantee this will work on other vendor's breadboards.
- Cable orientation is important to ensure minimal ribbon cable clutter - please check the product pictures
- The ribbon cable needs to be folded into shape as part of the assembly process - please see the assembly guide (coming soon!)
- The included rubber feet need to be fitted to your breadboard to ensure enough clearance for the PCB socket connector. Spare rubber feet are available here should you need more.