If you want to add beeps, tones or alerts to your Raspberry Pi project, you require a Piezo Buzzer! This mini transducer is small but loud, and can be driven with a 1-20V peak-to-peak square wave. To use, connect one pin to ground (either one) and the other pin to a square wave out from a timer or microcontroller. For the loudest tones, stay around 4 KHz. For extra loudness, you can connect both pins to a microcontroller and swap which pin is high or low ('differential drive') for double the volume.
This one plops perfectly into a breadboard and has short legs, so can also easily be mounted on a PCB!
Please Note. This item is externally driven, e.g. requires a microcontroller to produce a tone.
This Mini Piezo Transducer Features:
- Mini 5V Piezo Transducer
- PCB & Breadboard Mountable
- Low Power Consumption
- Sealed Base
- Wave Solderable and Washable
- Rated Voltage (Vp-p Square Wave) 5Vp-p
- Operating Voltage 1 to 20Vp-p
- Rated Current at Rated Voltage 1mA
- Sound Output at 4000Hz at 10cm, at Rated Voltage ?80dB
- Resonant Frequency 4000 ±500Hz
- Operating Temperature -20 to +70°C
- Storage Temperature -30 to +80°C
- External Diameter: 13.8mm
- External Height: 6.8mm
- Capacitance: 0.013µF
- Capacitance Max: 16.9nF
- Weight: 1g
- Model No.: ABT-402-RC