Woohoo, it's time for a Particle Mesh party! And the Particle Boron LTE is bringing it with a double-dose of Bluetooth Low Energy and LTE Cellular - so you're covered for network connectivity, no matter where you are. The Boron LTE is a powerful LTE CAT-M1/NB1 enabled development kit that can act as either a standalone cellular endpoint or LTE enabled gateway for Particle Mesh networks . It is based on the Nordic nRF52840, the BLE Cortex M4 with a ton of Flash, RAM and peripherals, including native USB support.
Like all Particle Mesh boards, it even has built-in battery charging circuitry so it’s easy to connect a Li-Poly battery (not included but we stock lots here at the 'fruit) and deploy your local network in minutes. The Boron is great for connecting existing projects to the Particle Device Cloud or as a gateway to connect an entire group of local endpoints where Wi-Fi is missing or unreliable.
Please Note: Particle’s MVNO will provide support for LTE M1 connectivity in the US upon initial release. See the cellular FAQ for details.
You might be looking at this dev board and thinking "Hey wow you know it kinda looks like a Feather!" Well you've won a fabulous prize because it is in fact Feather compatible! Yes, the brilliant engineers at Particle checked out our Feather spec, and made something that is pin compatible so you can use our massive collection of FeatherWings to add more capabilities. (Please note that there may not be Particle Mesh libraries for all the hardware we make, if you're not sure, check with them to see if there's a driver available for their IDE)
All Particle hardware is designed from the ground up to work with the Device Cloud; a powerful set of tools and infrastructure to build, connect, and manage your IoT fleet. The Device Cloud for Particle Mesh is priced by network. All Particle customers get 3 free months of Device Cloud access for micro networks using a cellular gateway. A micro network is defined as a network with 10 total devices and a single gateway. Please refer to their cloud pricing documentation for more information.
This product not only comes with a fully-assembled Particle Boron LTE, it even has some starting-out-parts so you can hit the ground running with all the hardware accessories you need.
- 1 x Boron LTE development board
- 1 x mini breadboard
- 1 x cellular flex antenna
- USB cable
- 2 x 220 ohm resistors
- 1 x red LED
- 1 x photodiode light sensor
- u-blox SARA R410 LTE modem
- LTE CAT M1/ NB1 module with global hardware support (MVNO support for US only)
- 3GPP Release 13 LTE Cat M1
- Nordic Semiconductor nRF52840 SoC
- ARM Cortex-M4F 32-bit processor @ 64MHz
- 1MB flash, 256KB RAM
- IEEE 802.15.4-2006: 250 Kbps
- Bluetooth 5: 2 Mbps, 1 Mbps, 500 Kbps, 125 Kbps
- Supports DSP instructions, HW accelerated Floating Point Unit (FPU) calculations
- ARM TrustZone CryptoCell-310 Cryptographic and security module
- Up to +8 dBm TX power (down to -20 dBm in 4 dB steps)
- NFC-A tag
- On-board additional 2MB SPI flash
- 20 mixed signal GPIO (6 x Analog, 8 x PWM), UART, I2C, SPI
- Micro USB 2.0 full speed (12 Mbps)
- Integrated Li-Po charging and battery connector
- JTAG (SWD) Connector
- RGB status LED
- Reset and Mode buttons
- Dual SIM support: Nano 4FF (unpopulated) and MFF2
- U.FL connector for external antenna
- Meets the Feather specification in dimensions and pinout
- FCC and PTCRB certified
- RoHS compliant (lead-free)
Product Dimensions: 51.8mm x 22.8mm x 15.3mm / 2.0" x 0.9" x 0.6"
Product Weight: 10.6g / 0.4oz