Woohoo, it's time for a Particle Mesh party! And the Particle Argon is bringing it with a mix of Mesh networking and and Wi-Fi, your two most favorite 2.4GHz wireless protocols. The Argon is a powerful Wi-Fi enabled development kit that can act as either a standalone Wi-Fi endpoint or Wi-Fi enabled gateway for Particle Mesh networks. It is based on the Nordic nRF52840, the BLE Cortex M4 with a ton of Flash, RAM and peripherals, including native USB support.
Like all Particle Mesh boards, it even has built-in battery charging circuitry so it’s easy to connect a Li-Poly battery (not included but we stock lots here at the 'fruit) and deploy your local network in minutes. The Argon is great for connecting existing projects to the Particle Device Cloud or as a gateway to connect an entire group of local endpoints.
You might be looking at this dev board and thinking "Hey wow you know it kinda looks like a Feather!" Well you've won a fabulous prize because it is in fact Feather compatible! Yes, the brilliant engineers at Particle checked out our Feather spec, and made something that is pin compatible so you can use our massive collection of FeatherWings to add more capabilities. (Please note that there may not be Particle Mesh libraries for all the hardware we make, if you're not sure, check with them to see if there's a driver available for their IDE)
All Particle Hardware is designed from the ground up to work with the Device Cloud; a powerful set of tools and infrastructure to build, connect, and manage your IoT fleet. The Device Cloud for Particle Mesh is priced by network. All Particle customers get 10 free micro networks using a Wi-Fi or Ethernet gateway. A micro network is defined as a network with 10 total devices and a single gateway. Please refer to their cloud pricing documentation for more information.
Each order comes with one Particle Argon Feather and a uFL-attachable WiFi antenna
- Nordic Semiconductor nRF52840 SoC
- ARM Cortex-M4F 32-bit processor @ 64MHz
- 1MB flash, 256KB RAM
- IEEE 802.15.4-2006: 250 Kbps
- Bluetooth 5: 2 Mbps, 1 Mbps, 500 Kbps, 125 Kbps
- Supports DSP instructions, HW accelerated Floating Point Unit (FPU) calculations
- ARM TrustZone CryptoCell-310 Cryptographic and security module
- Up to +8 dBm TX power (down to -20 dBm in 4 dB steps)
- NFC-A tag
- Espressif ESP32-D0WD 2.4G Wi-Fi coprocessor
- On-board 4MB flash for ESP32
- 802.11 b/g/n support
- 802.11 n (2.4 GHz), up to 150 Mbps
- On-board additional 2MB SPI flash
- 20 mixed signal GPIO (6 x Analog, 8 x PWM), UART, I2C, SPI
- Micro USB 2.0 full speed (12 Mbps)
- Integrated Li-Po charging and battery connector
- JTAG (SWD) Connector
- RGB status LED
- Reset and Mode buttons
- On-board 2.4GHz PCB antenna for Thread/BLE (does not support Wi-Fi)
- Two U.FL connectors for external antennas (one for Thread/BLE, another for Wi-Fi)
- Meets the Feather specification in dimensions and pinout
- FCC, CE and IC certified
- RoHS compliant (lead-free)
Product Dimensions: 51.0mm x 23.0mm x 15.5mm / 2.0" x 0.9" x 0.6"
Product Weight: 8.8g / 0.3oz