Since the launch of the original PaPiRus on Kickstarter, we’ve come to realise how popular ePaper screens HATs are for hobbyists and makers. This has led to the development of PaPiRus Zero for the Pi Zero.
ePaper / eInk is a display technology that mimics the appearance of ink on normal paper. eUnlike conventional displays, ePaper reflects light – just like ordinary paper – and is capable of holding text and images indefinitely, even without electricity. Because of this, ePaper displays and single board computers or microcontrollers are a match made in heaven as together they use a very small amount of power whilst still bringing a display to your project.
Potential Use Cases:
- An eInk / ePaper Nametag
- Display the latest weather forecast
- A Pi Zero ePaper watch
- Display your own Twitter Feed
- Small dynamic digital signage (such as displaying prices for products in a store)
- Outdoor displays where you don’t want the screen to be affected by sunlight reflection
- Any sort of data-logging applications
PLEASE NOTE!! The PaPiRus Zero doesn’t come with a stacking header for use with the Raspberry Pi Zero!
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.