The MOD-WIFI-ESP8266-DEV from Olimex is a development board with the famous ESP8266EX WIFI IC onboard.
This module comes with 2MB (16Mb) of SPI flash memory and all GPIO resources are available for breadboarding once the pin headers have been soldered (included). The I2C and SPI interfaces are also available.
It's easy to implement the module in your existing designs - the castellated pads and flat underside allow you to solder it directly on other PCBs. The module can be used for home automation, smart plugs/lights, mesh networks, industrial wireless control, baby monitors, IP cameras, sensor networks, wearable electronics and more.
This module is recommended for people that already have some experience with ESP8266.
- Main chip: EPS8266EX
- 2MB (16Mb) SPI flash memory
- Power LED
- User-programmable LED
- Button for UART mode (since hardware revision B)
- SMT jumpers for different boot modes (FLASH, UART, SDO)
- PCB antenna
- UEXT pads for easier access to the UART interface
- Pads for a U.FL antenna connector (if you want to use an external antenna)
- 22 pin holes @ 0.1" step for easier access to processor pins
- OSHW design
- Dimensions: 33mm x 23mm
- SMT jumper reference (FLASH, UART, SDIO)
- How to update firmware
- ESP8266EX-related documents are available here:
- MOD-WIFI-ESP8266-DEV European Declaration of Conformity
- MOD-WIFI-ESP8266-DEV UKCA Declaration of Conformity
- Arduino client example
- Arduino server example
- MOD-TC-MK2 and ESP8266 boards - Arduino IDE library and examples
- ESP8266 flash downloader for Windows
- ESP8266 vendor repository
- ESP8266 GPIO registers
- 1x ESP8266 development board
- 2x Headers