Nwazet Pi Power Supply (5V & 3.3V Line Regulator)
The Pi Power is designed to provide the Raspberry Pi with a clean and stable 5V power source from any 9V - 12V wall charger, whilst breaking out an additional 5V and 3.3V line for hacking! The Pi Power features 3 x MC33269 series voltage regulators, which are low dropout, medium current, positive voltage regulators specifically designed for use in low input voltage applications. As you may know, the Raspberry Pi can become unstable when used with power-hungry USB devices. Pi Power will provide the head room needed to keep your setup running smoothly!
You can supply the board via any centre-positive 2.1mm x 5.5mm DC barrel jack charger that's between 9V and 12V (2A - 5A). The board will then output a regulated 5V @ 800mA output via the on-board USB port which can be used to supply your Raspberry Pi with a clean and stable voltage. Pi Power also features additional voltage regulators, respectively outputting 800mA at 3.3v and 5V on power rails, which are conveniently accessible through a vertical JST connector, as well as a standard 0.1" pin header. These are designed to offer a stable external voltage to breadboards or sensors from a single DC power source. The center position on the power connectors (JST and pin header) is reserved for ground and it is common with the Raspberry Pi's ground.
Please note. Voltage regulators dissipate extra energy as heat, so although the regulators are rated at 9V - 20V, we recommend you don't use a power supply over 12V to prevent the board overheating unless you have heatsinking! We recommend a minimum output current from your power supply of 2A, although the board is rated up to 5A.
- Requires a 9V power adapter or 12V power adapter (not included)
- 1 x DC power connector, 5A input current rated, 2.1 x 5.5mm, center-positive barrel
- 2 x MC33269 voltage regulators supplying 800mA @ 5v
- 1 x MC33269 voltage regulator supplying 800mA @ 3.3v
- 1 x JST PH connectors, top entry, 3 circuits (5v, GND, 3.3v)
- 1 x 0.1" pin header connector, 3 circuits (5v, GND, 3.3v) - Included
- 1 x JST PH male to flying lead cable - Included
- 1 x Power LED