This neat little board from Nanomesher adds a programmable power switch to your Raspberry Pi A+/B+/2/3/Zero/Zero W, which can be controlled by a single button or IR remote!
This is the Hackable Raspberry Pi Power switch which was successfully fundedon Kickstarter in April 2017.
The Hackable Raspberry Pi Switch features an on board and removable Attiny85 Arduino Development MCU, which means the switch is both Smart and Hackable!
The Pi Switch Features
- Single button on/off or Infrared (IR) remote operation (Remote Included)
- LED light to indicate power status
- Blinks twice when Switch receives power
- Turn On when Pi is on
- Blinks when waiting for Pi to turn off
- Turn Off when Pi is off
- Use standard microUSB and USB female socket
- Suitable for mounting on front face plate
- Onboard Attiny85 Microprocessor can be removed and reprogrammed if needed
- Hackable and Smart Pi Power Switch with removable Attiny85 microcontroller
- 4 x Jumper cables to Pi
- High Quality MicroUSB cable (20cm)
- Infrared remote control
While it works out of the box. You can also reprogram it using an Attiny MCU programmer. Code and Guides are included are downloadable from here. There is a package which include both the Switch and Programmer
Being Hackable, the firmware can be modified so that the switch can be used as a development board with these functions:
- One output to trigger relay
- One output to LED
- One analog input to detect voltage between 0-5v
- One input for push button
- One input for infrared receiver which I have the code to distinguish all the buttons in the remote included
- One output to trigger an external digital input (pull down)
1. Press once to turn On
2. Press again to trigger shutdown of the Pi's Linus OS using the shutdown script
3. Switch will monitor the Pi and wait for the Pi to be fully shutdown (halt state)
4. Once halt state is detected, cut the power to the Pi.
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.