Pssst... Want to win a Pi-Top Raspberry Pi Laptop?
MCP3424 18-Bit ADC-4 Channel with Programmable Gain Amplifier
The module integrates MCP3432 A/D converter chip. The module can provide analog input function for Raspberry Pi and provide high accuracy analog input for Arduino.
MCP3424 is one of the low noise and high accuracy 18-Bit delta-sigma analog-to-digital (?S A/D) converter family members of the MCP342X series. Its characteristic is:
Self calibration of internal offset and gain per each conversion.
User can select the PGA gain before the analog-to-digital conversion takes place. This allows the device to convert a very weak input signal with high resolution.
The device have two conversion modes:
- (a)One-Shot mode: the device performs a single conversion and enters a low current standby mode automatically until it receives another conversion command.
- (b)Continuous mode: the conversion takes place continuously at the set conversion speed.
- Operating Voltage: 2.7 - 5.5V
- Standy Current: 300nA (5V)
- Operating Temperature: -40°C ~ +125°C
- On-Board Voltage Reference: 2.048V ± 0.05%, Drift 15 PPM /°C
- On-Board Programmable Gain Amplifier (PGA): x1,x2,x4,x8
- Differential Input Full Scale Range: -2.048V / PGA ~ 2.048V / PGA (e.g., PGA=4, Range is -0.512 ~ 0.512V)
- Programmable Resolution: 12, 14, 16, 18bits
- Programmable Data Rate: 240, 60, 15, 3.75 SPS
- Gain Error: 0.05% (PGA = 1, 18bits)
- Offset Error: 15uV (PGA = 1, 18bits)
- Input Interface: 4 differential channels, PIN header of 2.54mm spacing
- Output Interface: I2C, PIN header of 2.54mm spacing
- Size: 27x16mm(1.06x0.63")