The Maker UNO Plus is an Arduino compatible board specially designed to simplify building projects. Coding & electronics is made easy and affordable with 12 built in LEDs, a built-in buzzer and a button.
The Maker UNO Plus is an enhanced version of the Maker UNO featuring the following differences:
- USB to serial converter upgraded to a FT231X rather than the CH340 featured on the Maker UNO. The driver installation of the FT231X is easier compared to the CH340.
- USB cable provided in the box
No components required
Students and makers can skip the distraction of constructing basic electronic circuits and start with coding. Whilst it's equally important to learn about basic electronics, this can come later after they have experienced how easy it is to create an awesome project with code.
Start with fun and excitement. Start coding right away and see your board light up and playing a melody with the press of a button. Start a new hobby!
For experienced makers, the Maker UNO Plus is also useful to quickly test your code without having to connect any other devices - the on-board LEDs not only work as outputs, they can also act as indicators, clearly showing what's happening on each pin. When the pin is used as an input, you can clearly see whether the signal is received by just looking at changes on the LEDs.
Simple micro-USB power
The board is powered and programmed by a single standard micro-USB cable plugged into your computer.
The Maker UNO Plus comes with the required cable, meaning you can start coding straight away!
Label stickers for the pin headers are provided in the box, to help you see which pin you're using (please note that you need to peel off the stickers and stick them on your Maker UNO Plus by yourself).
Make it yours!
To avoid mixing up boards in a classroom environment, the Maker UNO Plus has a space on the rear to write your name. Problem solved!
Don't throw your box away - there is a small opening on the side for you to plug the USB cable in, so that you can keep your Maker UNO Plus safe in the original box, no additional case required. Clever!
Arduino compatability and simplification
The Maker UNO Plus is fully compatible with Arduino - you can share the same library and code. We have removed the DC jack power input socket as most of the boards used in classes are powered using USB. We have also replaced the ATmega16u2 with CH340 to bring down the cost.
Maker UNO Plus Features
- SMD ATmega328P microcontroller(the same microcontroller on Arduino UNO) with
Optiboot (UNO) Bootloader.
- USB Programming facilitated by the FT231X.
- Input voltage: USB 5V, from computer, power bank or standard USB adapter.
- 500mA (maximum) 3.3V voltage regulator.
- 0-5V outputs with 3.3V compatible inputs.
- 14 Digital I/O Pins (6 PWM outputs).
- 6 Analog Inputs.
- ISP 6-pin Header.
- 32k Flash Memory.
- 16MHz Clock Speed.
- R3 Shield Compatible.
- LED array for 5V, 3.3V, TX, RX and all digital pins.
- On board programmable push button (pin 2, need to configure as INPUT_PULLUP).
- On board piezo buzzer (pin 8)
- USB Micro-B socket.
Resources (external links)
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.